Saturday, April 11, 2009

My goal is simple: get my daughter to eat. I'm relentless - truly. Here's the thing though - Lola LOVES food. I've had to take a baggy of bacon with me to a barbecue just in case she didn't like what they were having. She used to be a good little eater, and LOVED her juice and chocolate milk (aka "pleep pleep"). If you can get the food into her mouth, she will swallow it. That much we know. The problem is that she won't let you get anywhere near her mouth with a spoon or a sippy cup. So tonight, I tried her with mini-gos - and she ate about 1/3 of the little container. Not bad. It was pretty tough to get it into her mouth, but she definitely swallowed it once it was far enough back. (If you just put it at the front, she'll spit it back out pretty quickly). My next goal is to get her to remember her fondness for apple juice. To that end, I tried her with her favorite sippy cup - no dice. She didn't want that stuffed in her face. Then I tried a straw. It was somewhat like feeding a baby bird with an eyedropper. And again, she swallowed it once I got it in there. Hurray! Juice is fast, so I'm not supposed to really be doing this - but I'm not the most patient person on the planet (just in case somebody didn't know that).
So there you go. That's my goal.
We've been trying to make Lola smile - so we found out that Beyonce's "Single Ladies" does the trick. Pubba and I played it for her a few times when she was in the hospital - actually, we cranked it. ha. So she seems to like it/remember it. I sing, "All the Single Lollies..." though. Because it's all about Lola.
Just waiting for these nerds to go to bed and then we're doing the bunny thing. I have no clue where to find the baskets/plastic eggs, so this could be interesting. Lola couldn't have chocolate and candy this year (obviously) - come to think of it, I don't know that she got much last year either - so I had to be creative. She got some fancy barrettes, a tutu that my friend Lisa made (it's so cute), a Brats mermaid for the tub, and a few recycled gifts from the hospital. Liam's getting whatever goes into his eggs (skittles, m and m's), some craft supplies (pompoms, beads, pipe cleaners), and a Bakugan shooter he's been eyeing for weeks. Usually it's an egg hunt, a chocolate bunny, and a kite or something for outside. Do you think I could find a chocolate bunny anywhere in this city? Seriously? So if Liam mentions how hard-done-by he is, just ignore him. I'd never let him eat the thing anyway - it's like 3 bites and it gets stuffed on a high shelf in the pantry, never to be found again.
Tomorrow Uncle Sean and Leafy are coming for dinner. I bought a great big spiral ham - no idea who's going to eat all this ham, but I had a hankering for it (thanks to my sister - who told me that's what she was making). At any rate, that's the plan for tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter Bunny Day to Lola and Liam...I know you'll be packing baggy's of bacon again in no time..

    ReplyDelete