Wednesday, January 12, 2011

....just whispering....

......don't want to jinx anything, but Lola has had NO seizures today. I can't believe I'm writing that. Every morning for nearly a year, we've watched Lola have a massive tonic seizure in her chair while waiting for breakfast. Sometimes she hits her face on the table, the floor (if she's walking at the time), or on some other hard surface. It's devastating - you never get over the horrible feeling in your stomach while you watch helplessly - trying to sooth her with your touch, and with your words. Today, we waited...and we watched....and we waited....no tonic seizure at breakfast. Well, it would surely come during playtime with Deannie. Nothing but a few quick "episodes" (which are also a type of seizure, but they don't render her exhausted for the morning) that she quickly recovered from. I am in complete shock. I don't want to get too excited, but seriously? I want to scream it at the top of my lungs!

No comments:

Post a Comment