Monday, May 4, 2009

Mondays suck!

So this morning started off like any other work day. I was up and ready to go, just as Lola started to wake up. I went in to see her, and she gave me a big grin. When I went to get her out of her bed, her jammie shirt was up and I noticed her g-tube was gone. I freaked out and ran around gathering my "supplies" to get it back in. The problem is, it likely got pulled out (bad Lola) in the wee hours of the morning. That little hole can close up in a matter of hours, and I missed my window. sigh. So we bolted into the Children's to see what they could do. The g-tube nurses are AMAZING ladies - truly amazing. So Karen went to work to fix this problem - she had to start with a tiny catheter and then work up to the size of Lola's current mcKey button. It was a brutal morning, with lots of crying on Lolly's part, but she did just fine. We brought her back home, button back in place, and she's been in a great mood all day.
So tonight's plan is to duct tape her into her jammies. Not really, but I'll rig something up so that she can't get at it again. Just when I thought things couldn't get anymore interesting.......
What will be more intriguing is seeing Lola's reaction when we're back at the hospital for physio tomorrow! Yikes!

2 comments:

  1. Bless. Just a little bump but you survived. Well done.oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh crap Gill. how do fit everything into one day? (and still make time to chase Liam with a lobster) Poor Lola and poor you watching this all. Thank goodness they got it back in. How did the physio go the next day?

    ReplyDelete