Monday, August 2, 2010

Back from the Coast!
















We did it - we survived a plane ride (just me and Lola), a car ride, then a ferry ride, another car ride - before arriving at our final destination on Vancouver Island. The flight was interesting - I thought it was a good idea to put Lola in her carseat on the flight - wrong - so little miss seatkicker just had a closer shot to the middle of the guy's spine who had the misfortune of sitting in front of us. Also sitting in front of us was the President/CEO of Westjet. What's funnier about that is the line-up of people who came up to complain to him about this that and the other. Seriously, life's too short. Anyway, Lola was pretty unhappy most of the flight. I shared her misery because as we were going through security, they decided to take my shoes and undo my pants (because I know I look like a coke-addict/unibomber - but seriously) - then Lola decided to take off through the airport. My pants almost hit the ground - never wearing those baggy cargos again! The woman was like, "Uh, you can't leave yet" as I took off running after a screaming Lola. Sigh. So once I got her into her stroller, carseat hooked onto the back, carry-on bag - oh yes, and once my shoes FINALLY came through the x-ray machine - I think I was sweating bullets. Steve and Liam met us at the other end and we bolted to meet the ferry - the one we wanted was full, so we enjoyed a delightful two hour wait on the hot tarmac.





We got to the cottage and got set up and waited for the Lippers to arrive. They had a hellish 12 hour journey to get there too. Anyway, it was an amazing week - kids got to fish/swim/play in the sand/collect starfish and have fun. Lola thought Stella (my sister's puppy) was pretty funny - got some cute shots of those two.





No comments:

Post a Comment