Thursday, July 22, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane!

That's right - Lolly and I are heading to Vancouver Island to meet up with Liam and Steve, and also with Pubba, Uncle Lipper, Zac and Jarebear. Can't wait to see these guys! I can't wait to park myself in a lawnchair and watch Lola play. I can't wait to see the kids explore the beach/ocean again - Liam has his net all ready for catching crabs and starfish! (Don't worry - he lets them go when he's done checking them out.)
So we're praying for a smooth trip for everyone - the Ontario gang has to take a car,plane,ferry, then another car ride. I'd better have some ice cold pops ready for them upon arrival!

Oh yeah - Lola had her ivig again today. It was brutal. The nurses had their hands full in there, with many difficult iv starts (lots of screaming, lots of waiting). Lola decided that she wanted to leave - problem was that she had about two hours left to go. Nothing was distracting her and I thought I'd lose my mind. Anyway, we decided to run it quicker for the last little bit just to save everyone some misery - poor Lol. While we were waiting at the very end, we got to leave the unit and we ran into Doods and Lani. They are so sweet to Lola - and she was really happy to see them (even though her mood was irate for most of the day) and gave them big high-fives. Just them - nobody else. That's my girl.

Hopefully my next post will have lots of sun, sand, and salmon!

No comments:

Post a Comment